Sandra is a Sales and Marketing professional with 10 years of industry experience, during 4 of which she managed her own event planning agency simultaneously. Today, she is a Manager of Marketing Solutions at Clear Channel Outdoor where she is responsible for developing marketing strategies and compelling sales stories for clients like Samsung, Sony, Pepsi, McDonalds, and Nordstrom. She also leads the strategic development of marketing programs that merchandise tech and data driven products for use by sales to grow revenue and achieve business objectives.
Before joining the CCO team, she held the role of Manager of Product Marketing and Digital at Time Warner Cable Media. At TWC Media she implemented digital strategies and go-to-market plans that differentiated TWC Media from the competition while reinforcing value for the customer as a Product Marketing expert for all digital products: Online, Mobile, Social, Search, Addressable, and Video On Demand. Prior to returning to TWCM, she was at PEOPLE.com where she worked on long-term marketing plans for advertisers, integrated deals with PEOPLE Magazine print and PEOPLE Stylewatch Magazine. She also worked on corporate integrated deals with Time Inc. Style and Entertainment Group properties: PEOPLE En Espanol, InStyle Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, and Essence Magazine. Before PEOPLE.com, she was a Sales and Marketing Associate at CNNMoney.com, the financial website for CNN and the online destination for FORTUNE Magazine and Money Magazine, after starting her professional career at Time Warner Cable Media Sales in 2008.
Sandra’s passion for the Media business was heightened after a college internship with the Press department at VH1. Following the summer internship, she became involved with publicity efforts for the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards as a College Correspondent. She then worked several VH1 red carpet award shows from 2007 to 2010 on a consultant basis.
Two years after graduating college, her obsession for event planning inspired her to start an Event Planning company, POSH Agency, LLC. The agency planned and executed events for clients including The Barclays Center, home of The Brooklyn Nets NBA team. The company was dissolved in 2014 allowing founding members to pursue other passions.
Identifying as an Afro-Latina from Honduras and cognizant of the group’s underrepresentation and the impact it had on her self-identification process growing up, she birthed a passion project, Afro-LatinaBeauty.com. Afro-Latina Beauty is an online lifestyle destination for Afro-Latinas across the globe. A destination for stories of other Afro-Latinas, and a place to see and hear from others sharing the same intercultural experience of being Black and Latino.
Awards and Honors:
• Forbes 30 Under 30 finalist, Forbes Magazine, 2016
• United Nations Association of New York, The Worldview Institute Graduate, 2015
• Latino Leaders Magazine, NYC Top 25 Future Latino Leader (ages 25-35), 2012
• Time Warner Cable Corporate Media Sales, Annual MVP Award winner, 2010
• Time Warner Cable Corporate Media Sales, MVP Award winner, 3rd Quarter 2010
• Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Digital Media Sales Certification, 2014-2016
• NAMIC - National Association for Multi-ethnicities in Communication, Leadership Seminar, July 2015
• WICT - Women in Cable and Telecommunications, Leadership Conference, September 2014
• New York City Road Runners, Team for Kids
• NAMIC New York Board (National Association for Multi-ethnicities in Communication)
• Dickinson College Admissions Volunteer Society
Sandra's 3 tips for success are:
-Always be authentic, be honest with yourself, do what feels right and share with people your authentic self
-You are your own sales person and your own PR person, treasure your brand and be mindful of how you present yourself to the world
-Treat everyone with kindness...until they give you a reason not to!